IFish.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a full day of fishing on the Willi on Weds. Dragon67(Dan)met me at the ramp at 5:30am and we did the morning thing.

Fishing in the am was much slower than in the PM. I did get a few nice fish on topwater with a few smaller fish thrown in on plastics. Dan left at 10:30 so I had time to kill while waiting for 1Bigfish(Dave) to show up at 3:00 Pm. Wouldnt you know almost as soon as Dan left fishing picked up :jester:. I caught some nice fish throwing cranks along the highway and then bigger ones throwing plastics in the eddies.

Dave showed up and it was slow at first but we picked up a few on Lippless for an hour or so. Someone rang the dinner bell and we started picking up quanity and quality on plastics dshotted and shakey headed.

We could not break the 3 pound mark the biggest one I weighed was 2.14. A lot of 2 pound fish that fought hard made it a good trip though.

I caught 2 LMB but they still had milk on thier lips. One hit a wake bait and the other xcalibur Jimmy topwater.

Water is very low be careful if you wanna run around this area.

Dave with a nice fish.

Me

Good luck the fishing is picking up.
Clayton

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nice Fish!!!

I was planning on heading out either sat/sun morning, but it looks like an afternoon trip will be more productive. Thanks for the report, looks like I get to sleep in!!!

I need to get out there with you one of these day....

·
Registered
283 Posts
thanks for a solid salem report fellas.
although i don't fish your section of the river,
the info is relevant to us lower river folks.
nice to see photos of fatties.

joe

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Clayton, thanks again for getting me out on the water.

We could not break the 3 pound mark the biggest one I weighed was 2.14. A lot of 2 pound fish that fought hard made it a good trip though.

Clayton
He is not kidding about them fighting hard. Not sure what it was but they were extra feisty that day.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great fish!!! Makes me wish I was on the water instead of behind a computer at work.

If anyone needs a nonboater or two to tag along and fish let me know!!!!:pray:

·
Registered
283 Posts
wow, that temp is really coming down.
a few days ago i was recording 70-72 degrees in
the oregon city stretch; and last weekend
the same in the multnomah channel.
curious to see what it is this evening; i'll be on the
oswego/ west linn stretch.

i'm supposing that the farther upriver you are,
the quicker it cools, eh? in the lower river we
might be influenced by the columbia??

clayton, at what fall season water temperature do you
feel like it's time to hang it up for the year?

joe

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Usually when my boat breaks down and I have to put it in the shop in November.

This year I am going to fish till I can't stand the cold or the river gets to high and out of control. Last year my boat broke down in the last week of November and I hung it up for bass. I was still catching them so I would say go until the river gets blown out.

Temp wise I have caught them in 42 degree water. You don't get a lot of fish but they usually are bigger.

Clayton

·
Registered
318 Posts
thanks for a solid salem report fellas.
although i don't fish your section of the river,
the info is relevant to us lower river folks.
nice to see photos of fatties.

joe
:yeahthat::agree::yeahthat:
really nice man i would like to learn that neck of the river someday .... thanks again for the report and the pics!!:applause:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts