IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never fished the "boardwalk" below the Falls on the Willamette. I've got a few questions.

What technique works best, and what's the timing of fishing for springers there?

Anyone with experience catching fish there, I'd like some information, such as how to, when to etc... Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

I'd like to hear from anyone with experience in this area of the Willamette, as well as other bank access holes and techniques in the Oregon City area, besides Clackamette Park.

SKP

·
Registered
428 Posts
Been years since I have fished it but usta use unweighted spinners with a dropper and about an oz. to oz.and 1/2 of weight. One spinner I had modest success with was one I made with glow beads and tubing with a no. 5 silver plated french blade that I polished the back side until the silver was gone and the brass was shiny. Hope this helps.
Randy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Casting spinners is the way to go. When I was a kid I used to use size five Mepps, later I built my own. It is best to use unweighted spinners with like size 5 colorado or indiana blades with 1 to 1 1/2 oz. on a dropper with three or four feet of leader. Also go down there and talk with some of the guys down there. Some won't give you the time of day, but others will be helpfull, and it really can be a great fishery.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the Boardwalk snaggy?

SKP

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I find the best results come from homemade spinners. I like #4 deep cup colorado blades and any color of beads as long as it's green. I use a 3' leader and a 1 oz lead and a slow retrieve. It will only be snaggy if you let it go too deep after the cast hits the water. I will wait about 5 seconds and start the retrieve. I also will vary the retrieve speed and keep the rod tip low. They will sometimes follow your spinner all the way to the surface so be prepared for a short line strike, it has happened to me on many ocassions. It's a lot of fun and can be very productive. Good Luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts