IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s the deal with the guy that floated down the clack and then down the Willamette past all the bank fisherman that had to be rescued a few days ago???
Some say he was in a drysuit and flippers but was helpless and incorrect in the current as he floated by everyone. Did he make it? Also heard CCSO and Lake Oswego fire did an incredible job.
Lots of stories out there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What was seen was Lake Oswego fire training. They go up past the mouth of the Clack. a guy all suited-up will jump out and the boat will run down below him and grab him.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With code 3 fire and medical response from Tualatin Valley, Lake Oswego, CCSO, Gladstone Police, Gladstone Fire, Clackamas Fire and AMR… AND they take him away in an ambulance from the boat ramp all the way at down Meldrum Bar? LOL
I don’t think it was training.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I heard from a very reliable source that someone called 911 for a person in the water. CCSO grabbed their boat and launched. The deputy was by himself. The first arriving fire crew was from Clackamas Fire. They jumped in the sheriff’s boat, ran down, and pulled the guy into the boat. The guy was alive and transported to the hospital.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope he’s ok, I heard he came down the clackamas, past the blacktop, past the bulkhead and then way past Meldrum

·
Registered
119 Posts
I hope he’s ok, I heard he came down the clackamas, past the blacktop, past the bulkhead and then way past Meldrum
Ok, It wasn't Oswego training. When the first poster said dry suit and fins that's what I thought. They do high water training there a couple of times a winter.
Talked to the Clack Marine Sheriff today and it was a guy committing Suicide. Don't know how he could last that long in that cold of water.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually talked to someone today that called 911.
He was wearing a dry or wet suite and fins, that’s what helped him.
Some that saw him in the Clackamas say he’s was diving around the Clackamette Park boat ramp.
I guess we’ll never have the whole story, and that’s ok.
I just hope he ended up alright.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He was definitely not trying to commit suicide, he was swimming/diving for quite a while at clackamette park. I’ve seen cell phone video of it..

·
Registered
119 Posts
He was definitely not trying to commit suicide, he was swimming/diving for quite a while at clackamette park. I’ve seen cell phone video of it..
Only an idiot would have been in the water the way that the currant was ripping across the launch. (may be building nerve)? I've have back trolled all along the bank to the Will. and the currant pushes you against the bank. At the end that the Will. there is always an eddy that will push you to the point. To my under standing he choose to just float down the Clack. and out in to the Will.
If he wasn't trying to commit suicide he sure made it look like it. Like you said we will never know! But I think I will believe the Deputy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts