IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been doin` any fishing for smallies on the ol` Willy lately? Last time for me was about a month ago, and the ol` river had dropped so much that my regular "favorite spots" were practically unfishable. But did get into a nice bunch just below Rodgers landing, for about a half hr. Then the bite just died. Got one around 5lb though, my biggest so far. What a kick in the pants on light gear!! Several others in the 2½ to 3½ lb. range. Been using watermelon lizards mostly in the 4"- 6" size. We tossed them all back as usual, for later generations. Just wanted to hear the latest if any reports. Thanx in advance. Fishft.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Have not been fishing the Willamette for smallmouth but did see several beauties about 4 lbs each while snorkeling in the lower Clackamas today. That was a surprise as I didn't think they'd move up through those fast riffles from the Willamette. I doubt many folks target bass in the Clack. Good luck.
Chris

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Umpqua spec! Have never fished the Clack, but have driven a long way up it for days on end while surveying in that area. Beautiful river! Have some friends who used to hit it a lot for Steelies a few years back, they did pretty good too, if I recall. So, I wonder how far those bass have gotten up that river? Is it possible they are throughout the system? Seems like it would be too cold for them up higher. Especially during the winter. But yeh, they are good little strong swimmers, so could probably go pretty much where ever they want. Thanx for the reply, and very tight lines. Fishft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts