IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to Scott Kappes-Host of the Hot Tamele Outdoor Show.

Scott was the guide for Pat and Gary and they were the winning team with a limit of springers (6)caught trolling the Willamette with herring.

If you want a fun time for a good cause plan on joining next year. The money goes to the Oregon Wildlife Heritage Foundation for fish inhancement projects.

This years will raise $50,000 to be matched three to on by PGE towards habitat improvements on the Clackamas River

[ 04-26-2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: David Johnson ]

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it was yesterday.

Not many fish caught either. The rising water had slowed the bite way down from the previous few days.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Wow 6 fish, that is awesome. Bobby, we should do this event next year.

Team BCF

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Hey Dave!

Did I read your post correctly? OWHF only raised $50.00 at the event on Friday! Hopefully you meant $50,000.00!!

I was fishing in the event and went to the great banquet. From the bidding and Dutch Auction alone, I figured they raised over $50,000.00
Great cause, great fun, and good to see you last night.

Rusty

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Yeah Dave...it was a tough day out there, alright. I knew O.C. was slow when I saw several guide boats storm into the Milwaukie area about 10 a.m. or so.

I sure have sympathy for you guide folks when the fishin' is like it was Friday.

Congrats to Scott and his crew.

Mark

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks Dave...

It was just one of those "magical" days that comes around once in a while.. I guess it was our turn on Friday...

We always figured, knowing what had been happening in Oregon City last week, that this area, and possibly the Wind/Drano area were wild cards. If it was happening in O.C., we were ready with the jars of eggs. Instead, we found a good pod of fish near downtown, and stuck with it. Green label, tight roll, bounced the shelf and kept it at the 17-18' level as the shelf dropped off... The fish were at that same level! We had all but one fish taken while the rod was in the rod holder.

No question, we were lucky that day.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts