IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody. i'm fairly new to ifish. been living in the north portland for a few years and finally have some time to get back into fishing. little about mysel, grew up down in southern oregon fishing the rogue and local ponds. moved up here for a job and like i said, finally getting settled down and looking for places to do some bank fishing around the metro area.

i was out driving around the other week and stopped by Cathedral Park in St. Johns. noticed they dock upstream from the boat dock. any idea if there would be any smallies hanging out around there. or any other areas that are easy to get to where they might hold some fish?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Pro,
I too hail from Southern Oregon. I like to fish for SM Bass from shore at Rodgers park. Located in Lake Oswego on State Street I think. You can Google it to be sure. There is a big Cement structure down up river from the Park that you can access by a bike path. The Trail head is before the bridge. I have never struck out there. Bobber and worm is easy, but swim Minnows, drop shot worms, and Plastic craws are also effective. I fish there quite a bit and love it! You can also fish the marina by McCall part bowl, The east back under the Hawthorne bridge, and Elk rock park in Milwaukie. Hope that helps man. Go SM Panthers!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi well Lunker summed it up. All the spots he mentioned are all great spots. Meldrom bar and clackamette prk in the OC are also productive at times even caught LM at meldrom.East bank esplinade is a dirty part of the river but man I have landed some beasts there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts