IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out with a buddy on the Willy near Wilsonville after work yesterday for a couple of hours. We caught around 30 fish, and almost all were decent sized. The biggest were around 2.5 to 3 lbs, but caught quite a few that weighed in within a few ounces of 2 lbs.

I caught most of my fish on a drop shot and my buddy was dragging around a tube most of the day. Caught a couple on cranks, but mostly fished plastics. The best part about the whole day was the 287,465 wake board boats out there and their love of getting as close to me as possible!!! But seriously, it was a great day, little warm but a nice breeze made it one of the more enjoyable busy days of the river this summer. Here are some pics of the bigger fish, my buddy had the honor of biggest fish of the day....

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Looks like a very nice day on the water(minus the 287,465 wake board boats). Thanks for the report.

Boy do I need to get out there soon.:help:

· Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
...and what kind of scale you using?
I am using a typical bathroom scale... weight myself without fish, weigh with fish... the delta is the fish weight!!!:laugh::laugh:

I have one of those Rapala 15 lbs scales. I would like one of the nice lip scales, but rather spend the money of tackle.... Why do you ask?

PS Thanks 1bigfish

· Registered
306 Posts
i was just askin where on the willi..... and what scale your using cause i need a new one myself and as far where i just didnt recognize the bank and i have never fished it above OC ... and thanks anyways you guys just remindin me why i fish with people i like...:hoboy::hoboy::hoboy::noway::noway::noway:

· Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
... and thanks anyways you guys just remindin me why i fish with people i like...:hoboy::hoboy::hoboy::noway::noway::noway:
What is that supposed to mean? Didn't mean to come across as rude with the scale comment, just messing around... No harm with asking where I was fishing, easy enough to miss a word here and there, I think he was just answering your question....

· Registered
119 Posts
Hey Ryan,
Nice fish and thanks for your report! You were fishing where I fish most of the time and I have found the drop shot rig to be most productive as well. What bait were you fishing? Thanks.

-K Stock

· Registered
1,894 Posts
..... and what scale your using cause i need a new one myself

Personally I use the Berkley® Big Game Digital Lip Grip. You can find them just about anywhere but I think Bass Pro Shops has them on sale right now.

If you are fishing in the tournys with Columbia River Bassmasters you may want to consider the XTOOLS® Grip-N-Weigh® Digital Fish Scale with the xCull™ Manual Fish Culling Kit.

· Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Ryan,
Nice fish and thanks for your report! You were fishing where I fish most of the time and I have found the drop shot rig to be most productive as well. What bait were you fishing? Thanks.

-K Stock

I started off dropping 3" Senkos, but then I switched it up to 3" Outlaw tubes, still drop shotting. I think the tubes produced more bites, but the hookups were not as easy.

My buddy was just using tubes with tube weights (open hooks). He lost a lot of gear, but caught a lot of fish too.

· Registered
306 Posts
Personally I use the Berkley® Big Game Digital Lip Grip. You can find them just about anywhere but I think Bass Pro Shops has them on sale right now.

If you are fishing in the tournys with Columbia River Bassmasters you may want to consider the XTOOLS® Grip-N-Weigh® Digital Fish Scale with the xCull™ Manual Fish Culling Kit.
i have an old manual rapala scale.. and i made my culling system myself ... ive been doing the tournie thing for about 3 years now ... i love it .. i used to race motor bikes now i just race to my hole ...LOL.... yeah i should probaly invest in some new scales and a culling system ... but heck everytime i go to bass pro shops i buy more gear and tackle ......... wife loves that .........
Anyways great story and fish i would like to learn that part of the river
Cheers:flowered:

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Newbie to bass fishing, would someone please explain drop shot fishing? I asume it is with split shot lead. How is it set up? Sorry to ask such a dumb question but how do you know till you ask? Kaygee

This may not be the best expination I have seen but you will get the general idea until someone post a better expination.

http://www.scsurffishing.com/articles/dropshot.htm

· Registered
169 Posts
I have been SM Bass fishing on the Willie below OC and nothing catches more bass than a hook n worm. The drop shot won't work where I fish since you would constantly be getting snagged and loosing weight (rocky bottom). Though I'd love to try it with a worm. On a bad day we land about 12 fish each. 30 is about average and 60+ isn't unusual. We do have a big problem when bass fishing on the Willie......we hardly have time to drink beer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.