IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds crazy but were is the willie getting all it's color from? I drive across the mckenzie and the santiam 4 times a day, 4 days a week and the kenzie has good color and the sant. is brown with a tinge of green trying to come thru.

The santiams flow though isn't as much as I expected it to be, so I was surprised to hear how off color the willie is. Any ideas?

Later Geoff

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Mill Creek was as brown as I have ever seen it on sunday and the creek/slough below minto brown park was pumping mud ...maybe a slide or something ...my guess is that the showers were EXTRA hard in some places vs others causing some to blow while others stayed in better shape :shrug:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would make some sense, I was just surprised at how decent two of its biggest drainages were and yet the reports weren't all that good about how it looked.

thanks for the reply
Later Geoff

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I live west of Salem, and it REALLY rained Saturday. Had a thunderstorm that lasted for a good 1 1/2 hours Sat. evening that I'm sure dumped over an inch here, and who knows how much in the coast range. Rickreall creek turned to mud, as did most of the small feeder creeks on the western drainage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts