IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It must be a good year for warm water fish in the lower Willamette. Haven't been able to fish much this year but have stayed local. Seems like August has been better than usual? Maybe that early spring flood? The weather change? Lots of fish on the fish finder. Fished by St. Johns today and found a lot of Walleye in an unusual spot in deeper water. Further up river than typical years. No wind so was able to experiment a lot. Netted 14 and buddy boated 8. We lost several heavy ones throughout the morning. Think they were feeding on perch. Several colors worked. First time ever catching one with a red smile blade. It was a blast! Amazing how they move into a specific location. Released all fish. Impressed with how healthy they looked. Another boat joined us and immediately caught a nice one as well. These two fish were the typical size. Males I guess?
InkedIMG_0637_LIJustin.jpg

InkedIMG_0638_LIcraig.jpg

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Awesome! Walleye out here in OR is a fishery I want to work on figuring out one of these days.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Great job! Really cool that you are catching walleye in the Willamette.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Those are CR size fish! Very nice. Haven't spent as much time on the Willy as I should, mostly because I never catch fish like that in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts