IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the Willamete looking today after all the rain we had last night??

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
We fished Sellwood until 7PM yesterday. It did look fine, but a ton of floating woody debris. It did look a tab bit better on Friday, and no debris Friday. I'm sure it's still fishing good. I am going to Salem this afternoon, will give you the river conditions in Salem later on. :wink:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Tried to fish at OC this morning. After looking at the Willamette near Clackamette Park, I promptly turned around, went home, and checked off two more honey-do's at the house.

It was TOAST!

Rusty

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
the water is defintely rising today, the color seemed to turn even darker throughout the day, I saw 4 fish caught,2 from our boat!!Whooo hooo!
Sellwood Bridge sucked today!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
sellwood sucked is right....can u say mud mud mud......windy.....no good at all...

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
After checking my calendar and realizing I couldn't fish on Wednesday, Bill and I and the dogs loaded up and went to Cedar Oak.
YUCK.

It wasn't pretty. Fishable, but the flow was really strong.. About 1 foot visability, but so strong, and windy!

We couldn't stay on the shelf, so I told Bill, "hey, if I'm going to take a day off for fishing, I want it to be better than this!"

So, he drove me to the ramp, and I drove home. He fished till noon, and got nothing but blown around.

Jen

·
Registered
180 Posts
I fished OC today also. The Willamette is very dirty and rolling. The mouth of the Clack was not bad today seen about 12 fish caught. Fun Fishing

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Aside from the wind, conditions appear to be deteriorating. I drove over the river near Portland an hour ago and there was still a slightly greenish tint, but the overall color is primarily brown. Plan on using all the attractor tricks; fishflash, scent, big sizes, sheltered areas, shallow shelfs and a slow troll.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts