IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
One long-range forecast for Southern Oregon and Northern California shows 34-50 foot swells WSednesday next week.
Wow, sounds like something to see! Are there any coastal resorts/hotels that are near big wave spots that you know of? I'd love to be able to watch some huge breakers crashing from the safety of my hotel room.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Standing at the wall at Depoe is always fun... watching Nieve tourists peering over the wall as the water spouts up and soaks them...

Some waves spray up and over 101. Pretty amazing to watch, there...

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Standing at the wall at Depoe is always fun... watching Nieve tourists peering over the wall as the water spouts up and soaks them...

Some waves spray up and over 101. Pretty amazing to watch, there...
perfect, I'll add it to my list of places to check out.I visit my folks in the bay area for thanksgiving and christmas, and every once in a while there'll be a big day at mavericks. It's just amazing to watch waves that big up close.

The most amazing thing I've seen though is 20 foot swells at pipeline on the north shore of Oahu during the Pipemaster tournament. Not as big, but easily more powerful and deadly than the 40 footers at Mavericks. Plus they break just a couple hundred feet from shore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts