IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally talked the wife into joining me on the Kenai for a little red fishing. This was her first time fishing for salmon. She picked up the kenai jerk(local technic used to catch reds :wink: )fast, and was landing reds in no time.
And this was 2 days before the big 60,000 count.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Awesome

I'm pretty lucky. My wife loves to Salmon fish and I love having her along because she brings good luck to the boat :smile: .

Chris

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats. Love getting new fishermen/women into their first fish. Love the smiles that come to their faces.

Congrats again, looks like she's hooked and you have a permanent new fishing patner. :grin:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't worry Shannon, I'm a native also, been fishing Oregon waters close to 40 years. Not many sockeye down here to use the kenia jerk on :tongue:
I also pride myself on getting my reds in the mouth, as my wife did also.
Of course when I become a resident of Alaska I will throw away all my poles and buy a big net. :grin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can send me your poles, :wink: I think poles are much more fun than nets! Its funny that in Alaska they take fishing as a "job" instead of a recreation. Too bad for that. :laugh:

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
Red fishing has been good all week, I have averaged about 40 minutes to limit. Red fishing is work though. Spend 40 minutes limiting out and an hour processing eggs, prepping smoker etc.
Once you get the hang of flipping theres nothing too it. I much prefer fish that bite though. I can't wait for the silvers to arrive and to nail some big kenai kings this weekend...

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
[ 07-18-2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: willametteriveroutlaw ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts