IFish.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one tell me the best method and place to hook into some of those Browns up there. I've never really targeted Browns, the kids love to catch Kokes. Thanks.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Most people troll rapalas in shallow water early and late. Try less than 20' of water with the rapala running 3-10' deep.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Troll really slow in the shallows, around 10 ft.. Troll the biggest brown and black rapala you can find. Go in small s patterns, and give the rod a good twitch every now and again. Like already said First legal fishing hour and the last legal fishing hour, are prime time for trophy browns. A good place to start would be troll from sheeps bridge out to the main lake.

Hows that for zipperlip!

[ 04-29-2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Bankbound ]

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This is one application where "superlines" make a difference. A couple of hundred feet of mono has s-o-o-o much stretch that you'll rarely feel the strike. I like 20/6 Tufline XP.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
When you get done on the lake take your drift boat or raft over to the other side of the dam and float down to Bull Bend. Fish the woody debris with Rapalas or drift a worm through the riffles and hang on!

Krue

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Which leaves the rest of the day for hunting kokanee! Perfect! :dance:

·
Banned
51 Posts
try jiggin for them..... but if i tell all my secrets...they wont be secrets will they? Large silver jigs on underwater ledges where the water comes up from 20+feet to 10 or so. Watch for stressed bait fish and cast there. trolling works too..... but try trolling 3 or 4 lures 150+feet behind the boat, specially when there are 100 others trying to do it in the same 5 acres of water. have fun and good luck

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
yup, troll big rapala's Maybe a trout color, and the silver. Erratic patterand an occasional jerk of the tip. The big boys can be wary, so troll pretty far back behind the boat early and late in the day.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Yeah GBS is right I forgot. Fish WAY WAY WAY back. Think you got it, let it out another 50 ft. You are starting to get there!!!

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
I've caught some bruisers up in the sheep's bridge arm in the bullrushes very early and right at dark. They chase baitfish in and around the vegatation. I had one of my best days of flyfishing there about 6 years ago, during 4th of july weekend. Was fishing from a float tube and lost count on the number of browns, plus a few hunky bows. It was a classic day to remember.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I used to fish for browns there all the time in the late spring. We'd use bugs, superlight leaders, and small floats and we'd always get plenty of action in the mornings.

I was bass fishing there last year in a wild windstorm and caught 5 browns in under an hour throwing a spinnerbait shallow. You could see them coming from a long ways off then CREAMING it. The first two fish each destroyed the bait I had on. They werent monsters, all of them were 24-29 inches. Food for thought...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts