IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant fish for sturgeon... {or keep one}. cant fish on my days off sun mon tue, for , salmon - maybe they will let me fish for bass? or maybe a carp?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
There is nothing wrong with catching CARP! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Geeze. I just looked at my punch card from 2002, I still have four open spots. At my rate of catching keepable fish, that license could potentially last two more years.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
With all of the closures and problems with the gillnets, I think it would show the ODFW and the WDFW just what the sportsman are about if we could just refrain from buying our license for just one month. I'm sure that would get their attention when they are depending on the funds to come rolling in that time of year. I REALLY would like to see this happen state wide , in both states, and I think one month would send a serious message that they need to get their poop together. There are alot of very sharp folks here that are better informed then I, however, this is something that I personally am willing to do to make a difference. So maybe some of those folks can throw some info my way if this might be a workable protest.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
yep, it's no use, take up golf.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Ever heard of the Willamette or the Multnomah Channel? Until 2 years ago, we couldn't even fish for springers in the Columbia. Quit bitc*** and start fishin...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup! those two rivers are in that other state!,and according to the license i get it says washington...... now i will not be dumb enough to buy two licenses when you cant catch or keep any fish except carp

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no golf........ i work for a living!! only dummy formans and ceos golf!......... ban all nets!

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Invader,

Why buy a new license? Because there's a few more fish out there known as summer steelies, fall nookies, silvers, and winter steelies! Those licenses don't just say for springers and sturgeon only dude! :grin: Your new license will more than pay for themselves with the first couple fish you catch! What's $22.00 compared to a lifetime of stories and memories? Not to mention a darn good reason to call in sick :sick:

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i think im going to wait and see what they close next!!.... if they keep tougue point open and the fishing picks up , ill but one then

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Take a kid fishing for anything, trout, crappie, blugill, anything.

Watch them closely as they wait for the first nibble. Think about the anticipation they are experiencing.

Notice the excitment in their eyes as they land that first fish. Experience the glee they get from something so simple yet so complicated.

Rejoice in their thrill, excitment and wonderment.

You should now be reiminded why you should buy that license and keep doing what you love to do.

It is about so much more than putting fish in the freezer. :wink:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i remember all that when i was a kid!!!..it was really fun with my dad we always caught fish!!.. and i also remember one other thing he said...... someday there wont be any fish to catch!!.... and i think he was right!! that someday is very near!..........john

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well I don't believe that for a second. Since they've been keeping records we've had some of the best fish numbers the last couple years than anytime in history. I do have problems with the gillnets, sealions and the indians however. But what the heck, don't buy a license. I however will continue to FISH-ON :dance:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts