IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know ,getting the WHY KNOT repowered and good to go has been a long and expensive process.
My main concern was the range. She carries 105 gallons----but loaded may only have --maybe 35 mile range in good water. 70 mile round trip ---60 gal. Troll 4 to 5 hours at 5 gallons per hour--25. Comfortable reserve 20 gallons. I'd done the math a hundred times.
My good buddy,Bernie(Catch and Eat}convinced me that Sunday was the day.
Man what a great ocean. We managed to run through a nice squal. Was OK for the other boats---but I have a open fly bridge---I'm sure you get the picture.
Anyway, we deployed the gear and almost immediatly FISH ON. Ross(Hunter)crackered it. Deploy again----FISH ON FISH ON FISH ON. A triple,This new old tub will still catch fish.
The day continued with singles and doubles for a total of 16. We also LLR maybe 6 or 8. medium/]WE also got a Yellow Tail (John Price this is what a yellow tail looks like)

We had a great crew. 2 were tuna petunias---AHH no more.

Greg ---Smile says it all.

Ross--I wanna go back to the dark side--Hunter
And the guy with the yellow tail Thomas(Grady Tom) one heck of a hand on the boat. Thanks again Thomas. You guys cannot have him---he's mine
All in all, a great day on the ocean. Used 85 gallons of fuel. Not as much reserve as I would like. If the water had been rough and I had to plow a bit---it would have been pucker time.
Terry

· Registered
21,998 Posts
Man that is a cool looking fish Terry. Hey folks, that's my dock mate!:bowdown: And BTW, Thomas fished with me first so get your own deck hand.:jester: (Thomas is a great person to fish with folks and very hand on the deck. I think he knows how to cook too):idea:

Wish I could have hung around for a sampling of that wonderful creature but I had to skidaddle home. I'm thrashed!

As for your first tuna trip ya did well skipper. Nice bloody boat and you still had plenty of fuel to get back with. Glad the new motor is working great. I know Greg worked hard on it for ya and it is nice to see that Trophy back in Ilwaco for an abreviated season.

Mucho kudos amigo on the yellow tail.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Now that's a yellow tail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.