IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
NO NO NO. You got it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL wrong. I have the answer (answer B could also be she's just dialed in and a better fisherperson). But I've noticed over the years, and myself included, that if you're relaxed and not worrying about fishing, you catch more fish. Maybe your wife is simply having fun, thus, hooking into more fish. I know I've had some bad days, hooking and missing, or totally skunked. But, I've had my best success when I'm fishing with my kids, or simply playing "guide" with my friends/family. I'm not trying to fish, I'm trying to get THEM into fish. I'll just toss the occasional line out, not really aiming at anything. Guess what? FISH ON!!!!!!!!! I have my favorite picture of my kids and I. I took them down to the Wynoochee to simply toss their little spin/cast rods out. I put them in a good hole that ********* and little cutts hang out. I was more helping them, but had my baitcaster with me. I just did a quick toss and "FISH ON!!!". My Dad took a quick picture of the three of us (my kids were in heaven, though I was the one who caught the fish). Happened a few more times, I handed the rod off to the kids (released all the chums).

So, sometimes we try to hard to get a fish. Think WAY too much. Sometimes we just need to let it be, and toss the lure/bait and let her ride the current. We overthink what we are doing and pretty much jinx ourselves. Just my opinion.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.