IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is this... not only me; she out fishes everybody we fish with. and then she has to remind everybody on a hourly basis. its getting bad. whats the solution.?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Buy her some of that Sure Skunk perfume! :cheers:
Take a shower with WD-40,then liberally apply anise all over yourself! :grin:

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
It goes like this for a while. You will get even someday. :smile:

No kidding, we go through spells like this. Sometimes for as long as a year. When the opposite happens though, life might be even worse than it appears now.

Remember... "Hell hath no fury like a woman skunked."

Jen

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Jennie is correct. My nine year old has been outfishing my 11 year old, and it's ticking him off. Last year, the 11 year old did better. Remember, it's not a competition, but something you do for enjoyment. Unless, of course, you're outfishing her. Then it's a competition! :grin:

happybrew

·
Registered
769 Posts
It's because a whole bunch of them "Don't Know What the Heck They're Doing!!!" Like my friends AND MY WIFE , Dang it!...I provide the Bait, the Boat, the Pole, tie everything up, Drive the Truck, steer the Boat, bounce between 2, 3, 4 fishing rigs, Make the sandwiches & more, AND MY POLE JUST SITS THERE, SOMETIMES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE FREAKIN' FISHING SEASON DOING NOTHING!!! So, Now I'm all riled up again...Well, Not Really!, but: Why is it that My Wife and 'most of my friends' catch more fish than I do!? :shrug: :whazzup:

:grin: I have come up with a plan, however, that makes ME happy...

... They bring the COOLER and the LUNCH!!!
:cheers:

PL Ken

[ 06-20-2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: PegLeg Ken ]

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Take a deep breath PegLeg and try to calm down!! :shocked: Sooner or later the odds will be in your favor and it will be your turn!!!!!!!!! Just try to have positive thoughts. :tongue: Yah, that's it!! Actually that happens with my husband and myself a lot. I will out catch him for a while and then it is his turn!! So don't give up!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I'm with ******..... it's because she smells like a girl.

It's happened to me too many times, and that's the only common denominator I can fathom, so to speak.....

I'm over it.... :depressed:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by FISH EYED FOOL: Why is this... not only me; she out fishes everybody we fish with. and then she has to remind everybody on a hourly basis. its getting bad. whats the solution.?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Simple solution-

Remind her what a GREAT teacher she had.

It works for me :shocked: :grin:
Chris

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Ah.... have you looked in the mirror lately? :shocked: just kidding. :grin: Women do that all the time. Just ask Tilla. His wife is the true fisherman pant wearing person in his family. He's the skirt wear'in poodle walker. How's those new support hose holding up Glen? :grin:

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
I'm amazed that no-one, not even Jennie, came up with the reason we would use if the roles were reversed. Could it be, heaven forfend, that she is a better fisherman than you and all your friends? :wink:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
No, Silver Hilton. You're playing the game all wrong. When it's someone else catching the fish, then it is attributed to luck. If it's the person who's talking who is catching all the fish, it is attributed to skill. Likewise, someone else not catching fish is because of lack of skill, and the person who's talking not catching fish is because of bad luck. This enables one to either brag, or make excuses as the situation merits. One cannot brag about good luck, and one cannot use lack of skill as an excuse. Thus, his wife is entitled to brag, but he is entitled to make excuses. This is a cultural ritual that has developed over centuries of angling. It is a major faux paus to try to disrupt the status quo with useless speculations about what the facts may be. The facts don't matter in this case, as the bragging/excusing ritual transcends the logical/physical universe in which facts reside, and exists instead in the realm of legend and myth.

:grin:

happybrew

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Happybrew, your response is a classic.

That needs to be printed somewhere... You know, somewhere where lots of folks will read it.

Hey! Put it on ifish!

:smile:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think it's a cruel joke by the Fishing Gods. First you take your wife fishing to show her that you're not trying to just get away from her. The Gods intervene and she catches fish. Now you will never get to go fishing without her.
Like it or not, that's marriage, and besides we need the fish.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts