IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,941 Posts
A Lewis style event is like grading "on the curve" and is used when the shooters are not competing in official class events. It goes something like this:

High score = 1st place money
90% of high score = 2nd place money
80% of high score = 3rd place money
and the progression continues down to as many places as the prize money will pay. There can be lots of shooters that score in between where the winning lines are drawn but only the shooter directly above the line wins that "class"

Hope that helps :cheers:

"CL"

· Registered
1,159 Posts
A Lewis style event is like grading "on the curve" and is used when the shooters are not competing in official class events. It goes something like this:

High score = 1st place money
90% of high score = 2nd place money
80% of high score = 3rd place money
and the progression continues down to as many places as the prize money will pay. There can be lots of shooters that score in between where the winning lines are drawn but only the shooter directly above the line wins that "class"

Hope that helps :cheers:

"CL"
Hmmm. Sounds a little different than last year. I won money off the shoot last year thanks to a HEAVY curve. :redface: I don't normally shoot that well and I was smokin the clays that day.:grin:

I doubt I'll be able to participate this year, though.:frown:

· Registered
2,941 Posts
Duckmaster, it's been a couple of years since I shot in one so it could be a little different than my example. The concept should be that same though with the "classes" set by percentage of the high-over-all score. The point of it is that nobody knows what score is going to be a winner for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place until all the scores are in. Hence, nobody can sandbag a couple of birds to win the "B" class instead of coming in 8th in "A" class.

"CL"

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Duckmaster, it's been a couple of years since I shot in one so it could be a little different than my example. The concept should be that same though with the "classes" set by percentage of the high-over-all score. The point of it is that nobody knows what score is going to be a winner for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place until all the scores are in. Hence, nobody can sandbag a couple of birds to win the "B" class instead of coming in 8th in "A" class.

"CL"
Last year the shoot was run with prizes awarded for best improvement over your average. What you describe sounds like a better way to run it as there otherwise would be nothing (other than honor) preventing someone from claiming they average a 60 and then shooting a 90. Either way it's a fun thing. I just wish I could shoot again this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.