IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first one 4 years ago....hooked it up backwards the first time I tryed it
.... started to use them more and more the next couple years, with some sucess.
Last year in the 12 days we fished Astoria, every fish was on a fish flash/Delta diver :cheers: and we pounded the nooks :grin:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I just used one this past weekend on the "upper" Columbia summers and they work! Thanks BOB! Now Bob, did you use a fish flash on all rods last year at Astoria last year :wink: ! I'm planning on using them this year at Astoria too!!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have used them too with good success at Bouy 10.

there seems to be some debate as to how much distance should be between the diver and the flasher....I experimented a bit last year and did not reach and strong conclusions.

Half Canuck

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kyle, on all our rods, 3-5 per day :cheers: I know it helped a bounch.....last years fresh herring were poor..... best bait we had, was our frozen Ballard bait blue label we brought from home :cheers:

Half Canuck, we tryed snapping them on our divers or in the middle of our leader.....our best results was snapping them to the bottom of your driver, then run a 5'-6' leader to your bait.
:wink:

[ 07-30-2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I have used the small fish flash and noticed no particular difference other than the additional swivels reduced the occurance of the occasional line twist. I rarely use them anymore. We limited every single trip last year in the B10 area and in the ocean without a fish flash. I use the divers with the rainbow prism on clear plastic.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
We've always done pretty well with the small clear fishflash with silver prism tape attached right to the diver. :dance: :dance: It works great. This year I'm going to experiment with Kone Zone and larger fishflash to try and pick up some bright hogs. Remember, get off the water when the tide starts ebbing and the wind picks up. :depressed: :depressed:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
A couple of years ago, I decided to try a Big Al's fish flash at Bouy 10. Of course I used this in conjunction with a chartruese Delta Diver and Cut Plug Herring. The other rod in the boat I rigged with only a Delta Diver and Cut Plug Herring. During that week of fishing the rod with the Fish Flash out performed the one with out on a 3-1 ratio. Just thought I would ask how many of you Bouy 10 fisherman had gone to using the fish flash as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts