IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh......the fishing partner that never cancels a trip.
Our Aussie Shep goes ballistic when she knows I'm heading to the river. Sure, you may have to adjust your routine around the dog but what a pay-off_

[ 05-14-2003, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: brushpuppy ]

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
No routine to adjust because my routine is to always take my Yellow Lab with me! She never complains and never wants to go in early :laugh:

She helped us get two nookies to the boat today!!! :grin:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Why do those trees have to be way over there?

Seems like boats come naturally to labs. (either side of the gunnel) :rolleyes:

[ 05-14-2003, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Tilla ]

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Our labs love to go, but only in the boat. A wise man once said "never take a huntin' dog fishin'" (see above pictures of the brown bear).

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have two. A springer and a big old fat chocolate Lab! Backtrolling with the two of them on one side creates problems! Still, cant leave home without em. If I am spotted hooking up the boat, they will tear the house up trying to get out!

·
Banned
553 Posts
What a good fishing buddy. Never uses/loses gear! Always wants to go, never wants to leave. At only six months, he already knows "no water", but if I dont tell him he's all over it! Great fishin buddy!

KC

[ 05-14-2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: KleanCut ]

·
Registered
543 Posts
My Rot loves to go with me.

I would say that she has lab in her the way she loves the water and birds but the papers say differuant.

The only bad thing about her is that when I caught a native one time she was trying to take a chunk out of it. I had to almost beet her to get her to back down. To funny. Nothing like getting a ticket for the dog biting the fish.. :shrug:

[ 05-14-2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: O'City Fisherman ]

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
my rot is in fish training.....its tough since he thinks he should bite the fish lure.....arg!!! if only the fish would bite as good as he does :hoboy:

·
Registered
437 Posts
My border collie thinks that my pole is one big stick, and will try to pull it out of my hands.He will also try to fetch my gear after I cast.

He does mot get to go fishing any more.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Tilla's picture hit home.

I had to put our black lab down several months ago and I am in the market for another black lab purebred pup. It was always fun to take the dog fishing. They never complain and they always want to go.

Anybody know of anyone with a batch of pups?????

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
my 1yr old lab mix ate some eggs and shrimp tuesday. the only problem was the hook they were on. i cut the line and it went down to his stomach. vet said that was ok as long as i didn't pull on the line and set the hook. $800 dollars later the hook was out. i only turned my back for a second.

thanks ron and jason for you help with otis. sorry we had to leave the river so early.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
My 1 year old yellow lab "Alley" loves to go and I want to take her more but I'm worried about salmon posioning...

There was a thread some months back about this and someone mentioned getting stuff from their vet. just in case....what was it called?
I ask our vet, and she didn't know but said get the name and she'll get me some...

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
sometimes, sometimes not.

Sooner or later, she has to go swimming. You can't take a lab that close to water without indulging -- usually afterwards! (Or else it's "wet dog" all day)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I took my shepherd once,, but he wants to bite everything,,,,including other fisherman,,hes a distraction. I would take my setters, but they are 13 and 15 and retired....

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Originally posted by Rapid Robert:
My 1 year old yellow lab "Alley" loves to go and I want to take her more but I'm worried about salmon posioning...

<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">My last 2 labs have both had salmon poisoning. My vet said the whole secret is to find out BEFORE they get sick from it. You want to catch it before they start puking. Both times I knew my dogs were exposed and knew to be watching. One dog seemed "off" the next day and the other dog took 2 days. Took both dogs in IMEDIATELY (of course weekend vet bills :rolleyes: ) and they were given shots and medicine. Neither dog ever got very sick. One was sluggish for another day and the other was fine the next day. Some dogs will never get it and most dogs that do get it, (not all) will only get it once. Just be watching very closely after possible exposure so you can act on the first signs of poisoning.

RF

1 - 20 of 45 Posts