IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to have my North River repainted and was wondering who out there has had their boat repainted? By who? Who do you guys reccommend? Good or bad I would like to hear from you Ifishers.

Thanks Larry
Yeeha :grin:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
TeamYeeHa,

I went to Hunt & Cooper to have my boat painted.

They're in Troutdale. 503-667-9888.

They do tricked out Harley's and Titans. They also have a graphics guy if want something special.

Brion

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:smile: Thanks Brion! I take it you were happy with the outcome? Did you shop around or didi you know others that have been there? I'll give them a call.

Thanks
Larry @ Yeehafishing :cheers:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
speaking of North River boat paint, I stopped and looked at a used 99 NR and noticed that at every place a snap for the top is screwed in or any other place that was drilled there is a blister under the paint. I've noticed this on other NR's too. Is this a problem with NR's or with all aluminum boats? Not bashing, love NR's, just curious.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Fish mojo
The blistering in the paint is due to not enough
zinc on the boat north river like the rest of the manufacures try to get off as cheap as they can so always check out your boat for the proper amount of zinc. Ron (RKB)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
TeamYeeha,

Yes...I shopped around. I had some unusual requirements and they were easy to work with and ended up doing a great job.

They had to fix what someone else messed up which put them on the spot a bit.

Get lots of references from folks is the best thing.

Brion

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
What's a rough cost to paint a half stripe, not including the windshield or gunwales??? The Green Machine could use a touch up on the sides. Thanks.

Green Machine

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
GM,

You couldn't go by mine, I went for a metallic green flake (bass boat glitter) which is expensive paint and a bear to put on.

It probably depends on the type of paint you want.

Brion

·
Registered
499 Posts
I called Mark Hanson. The owner of Hanson's Auto Body and Paint on S.E Johnson Creek Blvd (503)774-8784. He used to paint some of the Alumaweld boats back in the day. I had him Zolotone the inside and clear coat it. Then two tone the outside and clear it as well. Anyway, he did a great job for a great price. I had to have my sled media blasted before it was re- painted. It's like sand blasting but easier on the surface being blasted. Media Blasters on 82nd Ave (503) 772-5278 did the work. They have pictures so you can see how it was before and after they finished. :cheers: I have no stake or claim in either business. They both did me a great job and I am merely passing my experiences on to you. :grin: Hope this helps. Jack Space Brockway

SPACE FISH

·
Registered
109 Posts
Team Yeeha,
I know someone in the Gladstone ares who use to do body and paint on cars then switched to RV's. But I think he is idle at this time. Give me a call and I'll tell ya what I know....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Listen to Space Fish
Mark Hanson of Hanson's Auto Body paints all my boats and they do excellent work. Many NW fishing guides use Mark for their boat painting needs and I highly recommend his services.
Chris Sessions

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I had my boat painted at Sportcraft in Oregon City several years ago. They did a real good job.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone!!!! :wink: IAM4ELK I talked to our friend in Gladstone yesterday and he is looking into having it media blasted. Thanks Space man I will call Mark also and see his availability and price too, but will probably go with a friend in Gladstone. You know keep the money in the family.

Thanks again everyone :cheers:

IAM 4 ELK fishing tomorrow?? Did you get a pass for this weekend?

Yeeha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts