IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now is the time to either service your own reels or have them serviced. With the loss of Ollie Daimon's there is a need for "local" reel repair and service people. I think Fishonjon in Salem is still doing it and there is a new reel repair shop in Bay City but it will take more than a few of us to do what OD has done for decades. I will PM contact info for the shop in Bay City if asked.

If you repair reels for fun or for $ post here but no contact info if we want to keep this thread from going away.

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I send my Avet to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

If this thread is perceived to be soliciting work it will go away. What I would like to see is a list of people that can/will take up from where OD left off. I have done reel repair for decades but will miss the "competition", especially dealing with Doug.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Look for the big store in Delta Park, Or City and Tigard to have a reel repair service soon. Rumor has it that they hired most of Ollies employees.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I learned how to do reel repair/service by using Alan Tani's tutorials. He will be at the Saltwater Sportsman Show Feb 23-24.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Del Reel Repair between Corvallis and Philomath. Great guy to sit and chat with. Fishes the Alsea for a month in the fall and is willing to give reports. He has reels and rods that are for sale at a very cheap price plus other useful fishing equipment.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hi Keta,
Do you service/repair electric reels?
I do a bunch of service repair work on my own reels but haven't had the ka-honies to tear into those bad boys:)
:flag2:

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Hi Keta,

Do you service/repair electric reels?

I do a bunch of service repair work on my own reels but haven't had the ka-honies to tear into those bad boys:)

:flag2:

Assuming you have tanacoms like a lot of folks, google Tanacom 750 Cleaning on bloody decks. I think Alan Tani’s site has a tutorial too.

Drag washers are available from smoothdrag for the.

Really not much to them. The case with the power lever is a little tight to slide over the gear shaft but once you do it, you’ll see that it won’t damage it doing it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Assuming you have tanacoms like a lot of folks, google Tanacom 750 Cleaning on bloody decks. I think Alan Tani’s site has a tutorial too.

Drag washers are available from smoothdrag for the.

Really not much to them. The case with the power lever is a little tight to slide over the gear shaft but once you do it, you’ll see that it won’t damage it doing it.

Thanks for the tip Pew....
I have 2 Kagien 1000 and 1 Tanacom 750
I can’t imagine they would be much different from each other.
Other than the size:flag2:

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I would suggest sending e reels to the manufacture or a service center that does them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been maintaining and repairing my own reels since I was a kid. I have recently realized how hard it is to find anyone around that repairs reels especially in the Umpqua Valley. I’ve started doing more in the last few months, I wouldn’t mind having a few more to do if anyone is looking for a repair, service or tuning.

·
Registered
279 Posts
In the same vein. I've done mine but finding parts for my FinNors is difficult. Difficult enough I have one Marquesa busted down stored in a ziplock bag. Gave up looking for the part. It's been long enough that I've actually forgot what I need. Winter project I guess.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I’ve had both apart and their not the same, but if you can do one you should be able to do the other. I’ve done over a 100 of the Tanacom’s over the years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts