IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any updates on the fishing at either place. I'm thinking of heading down this Monday to give it a try. Heard it has been slow, anyone else heard anything? With counts over 5000 a day that usually means some decent fishing. :shrug:

Curlew

·
Registered
191 Posts
Drano has had a decent bite early in the morning until around 10:00 or so. I heard that the White Salmon "Underwood" has been doing better.

·
Registered
79 Posts
White Salmon River, been very slow in the a.m., lots fishermen no fish, should pick up around Aug 5, thats when I start going.
I use bopper and shrimp. I make up my own shrimp, I get them frozen, use l/3 jar of Redd Hot Double (Pro-cure), l/2 tray Pro Glow bait coloring to quart jar, put shrimp in bottom of jar sprinkle with above, add more shrimp, sprinkle again, etc.
Put in refrigerator, after couple of hour slowly roll jar around, put back in refrigerator, and do the same couple of times, leave in refrigerator for a couple of days then use.
Don't let this formula get out, you know, I may have to kill ya.
Good fishing!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10 lb line,

Is that a dry brine you are using? Or are you adding water also? Sounds interesting, I to have had success with Redd Hot double shot pro-cure but have always added just enough water to cover them. I also smother mine in shirmp oil. What do you think?

Curlew

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from Underwood and managed to hook 4 but we only put one in the boat. Got broke off once and two just came unpinned?? Anyways, they are in there pretty good, saw about a dozen caught before it got too damn hot! Good luck

Curlew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts