IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lowes has a Bostich kit with brad nailer and compressor for $198. Home Depot has a similar Porter Cable kit for $197.

Which kit would be the better of the two? I'll be using it for moulding and trim work throughout the house.

· Registered
3,374 Posts
It used to be a clear winner with Porter-Cable, but last fall about this time they were purchased by Black & Decker :sick: They have made many changes and are no longer the company they used to be. I would go with the Bostich or see if HD has a Ridged kit. The Ridged guns are clones of the Porter-Cable guns and are even made in the factory in China, Campbell Hosfield makes their compressors. Black & Decker/Dewalt is at the bottom of my list for quality and company culture. We would see quite a few of the PC kits come back for warrenty after the buy out and move of the plant from Tennesse to Mexico. :rolleyes:

· Registered
4,528 Posts
I just baught the porter cable kit with a compresor, a 16 guage stapler, and 18 guage brad nailer, and a 16 guage finish nailer. All in one box. It also came with all the fittings, oil, 1000 of each nail/staple, hose and a cool bag for the nailers and all the accesories. Never had a problem with any porter cable.

Great deal for $299 at home depot on 213 and 205.

· Banned
2,641 Posts
i bought the porter cable when i built my house (2,500sqft with lots of custom trim work). used it for all the trim work/molding work, stair railings, and various odd jobs since then. never a single problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.