IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Sherwood and would like suggestions on places to buy bait. Sand shrimp is what I usually have trouble getting a hold of. We have a GI Joes, but they are too often out of shrimp. I like to buy my bait the night before I fish so I can get an early start. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Try our very Tillamook bait co. Listed on the front page. Marie opens early or you can use the vending machine.

[ 11-07-2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a bit of a drive from Sherwood for an evening bait run. The rivers I most commonly fish are the Siletz and the Sandy, and its not on the way to either of these rivers. Any other suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
My first choice is pumping myself, when I don't have time for that, second choice is the Logsden Store, their prices have usually been fair and they used to let you pick your own shrimp.(Probably still do.) Fisherman's Corner in Philomath is another good place, they are under new ownership and I see the Bait dealer there fairly often. Better call ahead.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Fisherman's corner is still good, shrimp are kept alive in tanks of salt water with aerators, sometimes he sorts after you tell him you want shrimp, most of the time he sorts whe he has time and the shrimp are always good, you can look at them prior to purchase. But agree with Snapset, self pumping is the only way to go. A $16 gun can pay for itself in 15 minutes in Waldport. If you know you may be fishing several days in a row, make the pilgrimage and load up. I keep mine in a 10 gal. aquarium with water from the bay and aerator. :laugh: Good Luck...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. If there are any alternatives to GI Joes on the west side (Tigard, Beaverton, Hillsboro, ect) I'd love to hear of them.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Chuck, If you fish the Sandy your best bet is the Chevron in Wood Village on your way out..or the little store east..across the street...they are open plenty early to get shrimp. If i know i'm gonna be fishing the same spot two days in a row..i usually buy shrimp on the way up....and on the way home for the next day...put them in the fridge when the wife is not looking :grin: not so sure about the Siletz.

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 11-08-2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
For those going to the Siletz through Lincoln City, The Rose Lodge Store, on Hwy 18, a few miles east of downtown Otis, and Lincoln City, sells Sand Shrimp, opens at 6:00 A.M.

There is a new tackle shop that has a sign out for bait sales, but the shop is very hard to see, even if you know to look for it. It is east of Rose Lodge, sets on the south side of Hwy 18, and is one of a couple of old buildings there. It is between the State Hwy gravel/maintenance buildings, and Slick Rock Creek.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
there is a little tackle store just out of taft in lincoln city that sells sandshrimp. it is across the road from lumbermans in an old train caboose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts