IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Sunday the wife and I are going to take my five year old our fishing somewhere we hardly ever get to go out as a family and I was wondering what do you all think might be the best bet weather and fishing I was thinking of driving up to ollalie lake for the day but How is the smoke up there it is not to close to the B&B fire is it? Maybe drive to the crooked river and let my son fly fish for the first time plus you can still bate fish there he is only five but I have a thing about taking him were there are rattlers. I could go crabbing in T-bay. So what do you all think? Where should I take the clan on Sunday? Ohh yeah I have not got a boat so we will all be on the bank.

[ 09-12-2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Ryan Pultz ]

·
Registered
354 Posts
rumor has it that 400 brood trout were planted in harriet lake! :dance: not a bad drive and some good bank acess. :wink:
these were planted labor day week.

[ 09-12-2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: FISHNAKED ]

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Cape Mears Lake is another Great place to fish from the bank and they have a small dock too!

Use worms for bait and use small spinners if you have them.

The weather is going to be great on the Oregon Coast this weekend.

Go Crabbing too! Use chicken.

If you want to rent a small boat at Netarts Bay go to the little RV park and have a ball, crabbing is great there.

Perch fishing is still good, go to Tillamook Bay along the hwy 101 just past Bay City, pull off the road at the parking lot and fish incoming tide(high tide is at 2:46 so start two hours before that time) for perch, use TBC small sand shrimp.

Hope this helps you out some.

Sincerely,
Marie

www.Tillamookbait.com

[ 09-12-2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone I think we might go up to Harriett Lake and timothy for the day. I had a great day there last week fishing the oak grove fork with my fly rod Got probably 15 cutt's on a fly anywhere from 8 to 14 inches All put back unharmed to fight another day the best spot was just above the stone creek diversion dam. I could not keep them off the mosquito fly just before dark. Got a few nice brookies about 10 inches they have to be one of the most beautiful fish. Thanks for the information. All thought the thought of crabbing sounds like a lot of fun maybe next weekend I will take a crabbing and tidewater salmon trip. I need to get up that way to get me a few bottles of Maries shimp sent

[ 09-13-2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Ryan Pultz ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts