IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going out sunday morning i have fished out of rainer thought we would try a different area i heard below st helens was a good area what boat ramp should we use thanks for any info

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you are launching in ST helens you want to fish the washington side. Try below the mouth of the Lewis river. Look for established hog lines and use your ff to see what depth they are fishing. Usually the fall salmon are running anywhere between 30-50'.Use alvins clancy wobbler or spinners. Make sure you have enough anchor rope to hold in the deeper water [150-200']Be careful of the shipping lanes!You can also try farther down the river around 72. Just look for the other hog lines and make sure your fishin the depth where the fish are running. Have patience and put in your time and you will score! dont be afraid to ask others for advice most people out there are very informative! :cheers:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Oh yeah, The st helens boat launch is fairly decent costs 3 dollars for the day parking is a little limited so get there early! Take columbia river blvd from hwy 26 follow signs to launch.There is another one located south of st helens on the slough cant remember what its called but it is a pay launch also and it has more parking.

·
Registered
756 Posts
There's a launch down in old St. Helens district. Turn right at the MacDonald's if coming from Portland. Follow it to old town (I think one stop light, up and down, a curve or two and you're there - pretty easy to follow) and then you'll start seeing the marina signs. A really good fish and chips place on the docks, too. (Fletcher's? or something like that) Not much parking, I've had to park back up on the main road coming in. 3 -4 blocks away. 2 -3 dollar launch fee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts