IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need to move a large (38 ft) travel trailer over 11k pounds.

Has anyone rented a 1 ton truck with tow package locally?

I'm in Oregon City.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
Where is it currently and where do you need to move it to? Why are you moving it? What size ball fits the hitch (guessing 2 5/16?)?

-jokester

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
A Trailer like that is class v ,territory .Newer trucks come with 2.5” receiver but are still just mounted behind the bumper between the rails .
After market 2.5-3” set up is so much different that factory hitch .What you don’t know won’t hurt you ?.Tongue weight might exceed some hitches on factory setups .

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
A 38’ 11,000 pound trailer should not have excessive tongue weight. That weight is within the new 3/4 ton ratings. I think my 3/4 ton 2019 Duramax is rated 14,000 towing cap.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
IMHO, you don't need a one ton to tow that. There's little difference between a 3/4 and 1T anyway, unless you're talking about a dually. 11K lbs isn't all that much. BUT- if it's a long trip, I'd want some excess capacity. My F250 could tow it for a short distance, no problem. The chassis can handle it, but the little 5.4 gasser wouldn't be happy.

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
I was in to help if it was local. Then, you said Reedsport. Sorry man, not going that far...

-jokester

1 - 20 of 32 Posts