IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go to a lake with my boat and troll for trout. Can anyone tell me of a good lake within a 100 miles of Portland? Just want to have a lazy day fishing and maybe even catch a few. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
MIght give Hagg Lake a try. The wife and I have been out there a couple of times and done well. Troll wedding ring spinners tipped with night crawler.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
They just stocked 2000 trophy rainbows in Lost Lake Clatsop county that is jsut off 26. they are coming fairly easy one roster tails. or small 1/16 to 1/8 crappie jigs in a chatuse color. If you use the jigs please keep the ones that swallow them. I saw a guy that was doing the catch and murder thing last week and he just left them floating around in the middle.
this is small boat area with only electric motors allowed. a tube is even better.

Good Luck

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
I was going to say Timothy Lake also. Don't forget the crawdad trap.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Dad, Sister and I got eight at Timothy on Sat. They were the hardest fighting trout I've caught in awhile. Took a while to find them, but they are there. We were still fishing powerbait, but some people got some trolling too. Lots of people, and all campsites are full so reserve ahead if you are going to camp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts