IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad will be in town tonight and we're just wondering where to go in the A.M.? MC Channel, O.C., or St.Helens?

Thanks
CM

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Corkie,

I think OC has it with the most fish.

Talked to guys at Fred's at Multnomah Channel around noon and he said it was slow.

I saw a couple caught from Swan Island down to Fred's from 7AM to Noon.

Brion

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Even with the CR open, at this point in the season, I think the Willamette probably is your best bet for a fish.

Best I can figure, the bite is from Portland's Harbor and upstream.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Multnomah Channel was slooooow today! Saw 4 fish caught including a native of mine. My friend called Len Self from the water, he was fishing Swan Island area in his new boat and had only lost 1 at 10:00?

Good luck when you go and post a report!

·
Registered
180 Posts
We fished OC today. Started out in the Garbage hole this morning and nothing. Then we move up on the sand bar and nothing. But we did mark alot of fish. We only seen maybe 6 fish today. Good luck Fun Fishing

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
We fished from Swan Island down to the St. Johns bridge today. Released a nice native and caught a 12# keeper. There didn't seem to be any real hot spots, the fish were pretty scattered. My husband caught the native on whole herring with a flasher and I caught the hatchery on the red and gold spinner my husband made! Wasn't a bad day until the downpour came!! :depressed:

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
I have been waiting all week to fish OC this weekend. Went out tonight to fish a couple hours after work, Willamette at OC is getting pretty muddy :depressed: I couldnt see the pump on my motor :depressed: maybe a foot of visibility at max. :depressed:

I am going to stay home tomorrow and not fight the crowds to fish in the soup. :hoboy:

·
Registered
790 Posts
think I'll build a fire, a few tall drinks, put on some music, and wait for better weather and fishin! sounds, absolutely like a sleepin' in kinda day....good luck to all you die hards!

For what it's worth, I may just go down to New Seasons Market to learn how to make Sushi. Always wanted to learn and they're putting on clinics today.....knock'em dead! :sleep:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts