IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new wife and I finally get a weekend together to go fishing. The daughter is going out of town for a band competition and we have the weekend to go play. We are planning to load up the camper and boat to head to the coast or ??? to do some fishing. The thing is were to go? :confused: We have a 14.5 ft western with a 25 hp Yamaha which works well in most rivers and tide waters. I went to the Trask and Tilli bay last weekend and it was real slow. Only saw one fish caught and it wasn't in my boat. :( So where? Tilli? Nahalem? Or ??? We really need to get some salmon in the freezer. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
73 views and no posts.

Thanks to the people that sent the P.M.s.

Andy.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This probably isn't too much help...but I would avoid Nehelam. Sounds like it's been very slow there this year. We fished Sunday for 6 hours without a bump. We did see two fish taken but there were probably 25 boats working the river.
Even the guides were coming in empty.
Wish there was better news to report.
personally I'm going to Astoria for Crabs saturday and then Long beach for razors Saturday evening.
good luck!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
If you can work with the tides, you might try the Salmon River. Put in at the mouth, and head upriver. There are some decent Bobber holes. ?? Or at PC around Woods Bridge and try the nestucca? easy fishing. might be alot of people and boats, but its more about sitting in one spot, and bobberfishing, or anchoring with kwikfish with the tide.

just some ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts