IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my shopping list to west marine today to get more stuff for the drifter refurb. i've determined i need 3 1/4" bolts to bolt the spacers between the rails. the only thing they had were 4" long and $2 apiece!! :shocked: the 3" bolts were only $1 apiece so i could always just cut my spacers at 1 1/4" instead of 1 1/2" i guess.

does anyone know where to get stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers besides west marine?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'll just bet if you look in the yellow pages, under "fasteners, nuts-bolts or connectors" you may find a distributor that probably sells to marinas, and will sell retail too!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Any GOOD hardware store will have a better price and selection. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Ampersat, I've spent the last two winters totally restoring my 1964 Glasspar Seafair Sedan (17.5' cuddy cabin boat). I replaced every single nut and bolt on the boat with stainless. There are two places that have huge selections of stainless fastners: Park Rose True Value Hardware, and W.C. Winks Hardware. The other stores mentioned don't even come close to the selection at Park Rose and Winks. Of these two, I prefer W.C. Winks, especially if you have a variety of fastners to buy. When you go into Winks, you pull a number, and when its' your turn one of their staff goes with you and finds the fastner for you (take your old nuts and bolts with you to match up). As they fill your order they tally it up on a little hand computer. This really saves a lot of time. Park Rose True Value is on Sandy Blvd. W.C. Winks are in the industrial area on the east side of the river at 200 S.E. Stark (ph. 227-5536). Their hours are 7:30 to 5:30 Mon-Fri. They have been in business since 1909! The only time I go to Park Rose True Value is when I need a stainless fastner on the weekend and Winks is closed.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Winks hardware, best hardware store if been to and I'm an industrial mechanic. On Stark near MLK.

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey folks, thanks for all the quick responses!! ifish comes through again.

parkrose is just down the way from where i work and what i need seems to be fairly standard stuff so they should fit the bill nicely.

thanks again all!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mac's right. If you can't find what you need anywhere else, try Wink's Hardware. On the corner of SE 2nd and Stark.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Amp, a bit closer to Tigard, go to Faulks Ace Hardware at the corner of Canyon and Cedar Hills Blvd. They have an expanded specialty hardware section and lots of stainless nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
550 Posts
As srkimmy mentioned, try the Ace Hardware. The Ace stores down here have a HUGE selection of SS hardware, literally 10X what is at Lowes or Home Depot.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
For nuts and bolts try Winks Hardware on about 2nd and SE Stark. Another good place if you can't find what you are looking for is General Threaded Products. I don't know their address, but they are somewhere around SE 10th south of Hawthorne.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Ampersat,

I see you are from tigard but a little place in SE Portland that I like is General Threaded Products on 10th Ave north of Division a few blocks. Funky litlle place but cheap and they seem to have every kind of nut and bolt known to man. You walk in, show um what you need and how many and they pull it for you. Stainless no prob.

Keep these guys in mind.... all you nuts out there.

[ 07-11-2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: jzell ]

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
If I need a fastener, I go to Parkrose. I won't even bother looking anywhere else. Waste of time. There's an Ace store a block from my house, but I don't bother with them unless it's a really common bolt.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I need one bolt or a sack ful I go to the bolt store. McDonald Industrial Supply Inc. in Albany Oregon.(541)928-7277 fax(541)928-7951. any and all fasteners.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The ace hardware in old town Tigard has plenty of SS stuff. Should be close to you. Its the one kitty-corner from Stevens marine.

[ 07-14-2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: GearUp ]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts