IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out tomorrow after some Springers, and would like some help from those people who may have fished today. Where would go tomorrow on the Columbia?? :smile:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Drachir, we fished lower end of Catapiller island today from sun-up til 2:30. We anchored with kwiki's nothing. :depressed: Saw 2 nates on the bank and 2 others from trollers. Slow day :shrug: about 30 or so boats in the area.Talked to CaptDan & Baitboy at the ramp they didn't have anything either. Will try again tomarrow. Good luck wherever you go.

-----------

Darren

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
We fished the cathlamet area today and put two fish in the boat. It was real slow though. Lots of boats and not as many fish caught as there should have been. Might want to be up river some.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Drachir,

I was trolling around watching the hoglines today from 1PM to about 4:30PM. I don't know what the tides were etc. so it may have been the slow time or the hot time. Maybe some Ifishers were in those lines and can give you an all day report.

Below Green 33 channel marker, I saw about 4 fish caught in the first hogline. They were in about 30 feet of water and all looked to be using green Kwikfish. The boats I saw catching were on the outside of the line.

I saw a bankie with one fish right above this hogline.

I marked fish also out in 40 feet and the fish I was marking were all around 30 feet. Maybe troll with the downrigger?

I was test trolling my fake herring gizmo. No test results <grin>. SpongeBob wrapped Kwikfish tomorrow.

Brion

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friday's tides will be high around noon, and outgoing all afternoon. So while you were out there Brian, it should have been the heart of the outgoing tide. Where is marker 33?
We were thinking about launching @ Longview and fishing downriver from there, but up for debate!!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I fished last weeks hot line on the bottom end of caterpillar and got blanked for 4 rods.... sturgeon tom had 0 fish when I left.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Drachir,

Green Marker 33 is about 1 mile downriver from the mouth of the Willamette. It shows on the chart.

I was figuring get far enough downriver from the Willamette that both CR and Willamette fish would be cruising past.

Never fished down below I-5 so the new regs are forcing me to fish new areas which is a good thing...as long as I catch fish <grin>.

Brion

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Brian!
I'm not real up to date down from frenchman's. My fishing partner for tomorrow, STZ II, is much more with it than I am as far as areas further down river.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Drachir,

Check out the Rainier/Longview Report.

I was going to recommend that area but that looks as slow as everywhere else.

Looks like it's been spotty all over.

Fish count is going up so maybe all the spots will start to heat up.

Brion

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Drachir, if you launch at Longview, go upriver of the willow grove launch and fish the Oregon side just down from Dibblee. Wed, 3 boats 17 takedowns with a few coming home. I didn't get out then but heard this secondhand for what it's worth. 18' of water. Myself, I'm going down along bachelor again and trolling herring. That was the hot ticket today as the hoglines pretty much were just sitting ducks today. I left at one so don't know what happened on the afternoon tide. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts