IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would of course be bank fishing. I am not asking for your secret spot, but I wanted some advice at least where to start. I can travel north or south of Lincoln city.

Plus what would you suggest bait/lure wise. I am a beginner fisherman when it comes to salmon/steelhead.

I have corky and yarn. I have some wobblers. what else?

Thanks for you help.

·
King Lingcod
49,010 Posts
Siletz is south they have some good spots for bank fishing. There is a bend in the river righ up from 101, it is deep and they have big rocks to support the bank. I always see someone there. Salmon river is North, good bank fishing, but it is a mad house when the fall run starts. Salmon river they use a lot of yarn and corkies and also shrimp and eggs. Siletz, I do not know how to bank fish there, but shrimp and eggs would be a good start also.

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
Hello and I would suggest you fill your fishing tackle box with bobber and egg rigs.

Learn how to bobber and egg fish for Salmon in tidewater. I have a thread in the tech tips forum. Found here.

If you have any questions about tidewater fishing please hit me with a PM and I will do my best to answer them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts