IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in the Kaneeta (sp?) area in October, 17th-22nd for a work related retreat. I understand that the resort is on a reservation, but is there any unguided fishing around? I am looking for either silvers or steelhead, if available. I was thinking of bringing my driftboat down with me. Good idea, bad idea? Your suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance!

Andy

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
There really is not any close salmon action but there is some great summer steelhead action that time of year on the Deschutes. You can head back to HWY 26 and toward Bend. You will cross the Deschutes River and there is a put in just up river on the right hand side. I think you can arrange for a shuttle to take your rig to Trout Creek. Check with some flyfishing shops in Bend for more details and regs on fishing this part of the river.

The float takes most of the day. There is a ton of good water for flyfishing and spinners. If you hit it right the fishing can be great. My best is 17 summer steelhead in a day and those were taken on a fly!

Good luck :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts