IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I will be making some trips to Hammond here real soon. I was wondering where I could dig some Sand Shrimp for myself. Can they be found at Desmona Sands or above the Meggler Br. on an out going tide? Is there a spot anyone could recommended to try? I am going to buy a Shrimp Gun today to get ready. Hopefully I'll save enough money on bait to pay the fuel expenses for the trip. :dance: If not it will at the least be a fun learning experience :grin: . Thankyou, SPACE

·
Registered
62 Posts
I do all my shrimpin here in tillamook county,I have never tried it in seaside, but I saw a few gunnin for them there, its a spot where you cross the nacanicum in seaside, a pizza place on your right if your south bound, if you pass pacific pride your about 200 yards past it. good luck.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Ive no idea whats in that direction, but an FYI for those looking in the Lincoln county area: The sandbar at schooner creek has produced well everytime Ive pumped them there.

Capt&Marie typically have some very good shrimp too if your like me and would rather pay for them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I know that you're a long way from here but I have never not found them on these beaches. I'll bet that if you are on the ocean beaches in the Northwest it will be the same.

I believe that one should dig(gun?) for them about half way between high and low tide.

I've gotten good sand shrimp on the same beach that others have done poorly on.

Only thing I can think of is they try to dig down in the clam beds. Good luck! :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts