IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading back up to my son's place outside Cottage Grove to help him grade and pave the approch of his road we cut back in January into his property, its required by the county as part of his building permit to have asphalt or concrete tied into the county road. Since I'll be there a few days and need tires soon, I thought about maybe buying them up there and saving a nice bit of change with no sales tax. Since i need 6 tires for the truck plus I have oversize tires that run a much higher price then stock, I figured I'd save around 150.00 on the tax vs buying here in California. If I dont get them this trip, Lisa and I will be in Forest Grove in a few weeks for our Daughter's Baby Shower, so around the Portland area is option too. Where do you guys get your Tuck tires in those cities?,,,gregg

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Discount Tire is my go-to. They will meet or beat any price quotes!

-jokester

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just got a set of Michelins at the West 11th Discount Tire in Eugene. Feel like a got a really good deal. Only downside is you have to deal with going to West Eugene.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Discount Tire is my go-to. They will meet or beat any price quotes!

-jokester
I 2nd discount tire. Find the lowest price on the tire you want and they will match. Wal Mart usually has the lowest online price. Sometimes Amazon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Another vote for Discount. I try to buy all my tires from them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discount tires. They will price match. I've bought tires for 3 vehicles in the past year from them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discount Tire or Costco. Les Schwab is overpriced every time I get a quote from them. Yesterday I got a quote from Les Schwab for two trailer tires. $50 more than Discount Tire. Discount Tire has veteran's discount for online orders only FYI.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discount Tire. In my experience the local chain won't compete with them, and I see no reason to pay 30%+ more for tires just for fun.

Point S has some Toyo deals going on now, last year it was buy 3 get one free, I don't think it's quite that good of a deal this time around, but worth a look.

Costco hasn't been willing to put non factory sized tires on my vehicles, so if that's what I was looking for they were out of the running. No issues other than that, though.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Had problems with discount tire years ago. Bad Carlisle trailer tires. 3 blowouts and one tread separation in a year, and they were claiming road hazards damage and would do nothing about it. I like les, but seems as if their prices have climbed faster than others. I have bought tires for my SUV at Medford Costco and truck tires at other Costco’s.

·
Premium Member
18,914 Posts
I used Les at the local franchise but seems it traded hands and went downhill. Went in to replace a blown trailer tire and the gal didn't have a clue. Now I use Capitol Tire on 12th. Great service. Just took a tire in with a nail in it, they fixed two holes and replaced the valve stem - it wasn't one of their tires, it come with my trailer. They don't have popcorn though.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Ford motor company has stepped up to being very competitive in the tire game. They match about anyone's best deal. Could be worth it to stop by and give them the opportunity to earn your business.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Portland/Tigard check out Uncle Dans tires. It is at the back side of Washington Square. Used to be Sears Auto. Dan worked there for decades and purchased the building when Sears went belly up. He is a genuine gear head. His theory is tire compounds and methods of manufacturing tires are no longer a secret. The lettering on my LT Tundra tires may be in Spanish, but still have a 50,000 mile warranty and free rotation, flat repair etc. Waaay cheaper than Schwab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I have used Tirebuyer dot com 2 times in the past couple years. 1st was a full set of 35 x 12.50's installed price was $850 next was on the wife's Tahoe a full set of 33's for less than $700

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I’m currently sitting in the lobby at Discount tire on West 11th in Eugene. Been buying my tires here for a bit now, as my local Point S has ramped prices up comparable to Schwab’s. I dislike the trek to to other side of town as much as anyone, but it’s easy enough if I can coordinate it with other errands.

In the last year, I’ve put new tires on my Tundra, wife’s VW, both daughters’ cars, and our new travel trailer. Over those 21 tires, I’ve saved more than $1,200 over quotes from Schwab and Point S. My next set of tires will be from here as well.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Simpletire dot com. Way cheaper than any local store I've found for the exact same tire, delivered via Fedex. We buy at least 4 sets a year!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts