IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the company I work for wants to give smoked salmon out for employee gifts. Any idea where is a good place to buy high quality smoked salmon? I generally do not buy it so I am not sure.. My guess is that price is not as important as quality on this one.. Josepheson's?

· Registered
423 Posts
It's been years, but maybe Tony's Smokehouse in Oregon City?
Back in the day at least, they got tons of frozen Alaskan salmon of various species and you could buy salmon in the round and they would custom smoke it for you. You paid by the pound, so I would buy the fish, thaw and fillet them myself so I was not paying to for trim and carcass, then bring the the fillets in for smoking. Probably something your company would rather pay for than hassle with. Over the years I've done my own smoking and have not had Tony's in over 15 years, so I can't speak to the quality of their product.

Then there is Otto's Sausage Kitchen. I don't know if they sell smoked salmon, but they will smoke it for you and it's good stuff. Maybe buying salmon from Tony's and having Otto's smoke it???

· Registered
322 Posts
Smoked Sockeye from Tonka Seafood out of Petersburg Alaska. They ship.

I buy 2 cases every year. One to give out as gifts, the other to share at special occasions.

· Registered
16,783 Posts
Bell Buoy in Seaside.........

I've had theirs a couple times and thought it was pretty good. They also do gift packs that might be a nice way for your company to do them as a gift......

· Registered
7,734 Posts
So the company I work for wants to give smoked salmon out for employee gifts. Any idea where is a good place to buy high quality smoked salmon? I generally do not buy it so I am not sure.. My guess is that price is not as important as quality on this one.. Josepheson's?
Yes.
And they are geared up to provide nice gift packaging.

· Registered
7,070 Posts
@jokofish, you're missing out on a HUGE opportunity! You should put a proposal together that you will catch, smoke, and provide the smoked salmon. The company can pay by offsetting your fishing costs and grant you paid time off to gather the salmon. It's a win win! You get to get paid to fish, and your company can have the very freshest salmon to hand out as gifts. Next time, just pm me so I can help you out much faster than an open thread can. No need to pay me for my genius. The first consultation is free. 😁

· Registered
5,932 Posts
@jokofish, you're missing out on a HUGE opportunity! You should put a proposal together that you will catch, smoke, and provide the smoked salmon. The company can pay by offsetting your fishing costs and grant you paid time off to gather the salmon. It's a win win! You get to get paid to fish, and your company can have the very freshest salmon to hand out as gifts. Next time, just pm me so I can help you out much faster than an open thread can. No need to pay me for my genius. The first consultation is free. 😁
Not so fast, your opening up a can of worms, I'm sure your suggesting in jest, to do so.......do you realize the licensing involved, from Fisherman , to Processor license and Retail sales license, Trade certified scales, good God makes a grown man cry. My first consultation is free. 😁, and I'm keeping him out of jail.

Reactions: Roady

· Registered
121 Posts
about-seabear This link is to an outfit Seabear that does small batch and has gift boxes of all sizes . There used to be a native street vendor in LaConner , that I got his product shipped to me . He has long retired and passed away . SeaBear in Anacortes , has a good product and can provide the presentation that may suit your needs . All i have purchased from them is top shelf . Good luck in your search . WR

· Registered
7,070 Posts
Not so fast, your opening up a can of worms, I'm sure your suggesting in jest, to do so.......do you realize the licensing involved, from Fisherman , to Processor license and Retail sales license, Trade certified scales, good God makes a grown man cry. My first consultation is free. 😁, and I'm keeping him out of jail.
Of course it was all in jest, except the part about my genius. Of course. 🤓

· Registered
1,729 Posts
Locally you can get it from the Indians in Cascade Locks. They usually sell in the parking lot of the best western, or whatever the hotel is closest to the bridge of the gods.

· Registered
19 Posts
Meating place in Hillsboro. $25.00 per pound...my favorite place to buy smoked salmon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts