IFish Fishing Forum banner

where should I fish tomarrow?

644 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BrionLutz 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of bonnevelle, shad rack area or chinook landing, sandy river area.
Last week I went to shad rack area and saw lots of fish cought, but its a hard place to relax and take it easy, wind, anchors slipping, fast, fast current, have to keep you eyes open and head up all the time, and did I say wind!
Chinook landing and up to the sandy, relax, lay in the botton of the boat take a long nap. But last time I was there it was a little slow on the catching fish side of things.
Where would you go?

#2 ·
You're right, that is a hard decision to make. I guess it really depends on how much sleep you want to get. Of course they are catching them at the dam, but Chinook really hasn't lit up yet. I was there all last week and one day on the weekend and didn't see much @ Chinook.

You would think it would be turning on since they are catching them at the dam, but not all of us have done well down below. The checker on Saturday counted 80 boats and 5 fish. 4 of those fish were in one boat, he said.

You decide. :shrug:

#5 ·
Hook'em,

We showed up around 10AM on Sunday up near Camas. A fairly large fleet but spread out. We saw a couple boats pull out with fish when we got there.

We got two natives.

I fished Bonneville previous Sunday, Tuesday and Friday...saw about as many get caught. Bonneville wasn't bad once you got anchored.

Hot spots it both places, cold ones too.

You'd probably do as well in the Sandy/Camas area if you find it more relaxing.

Brion

#6 ·
Originally posted by fishchaser:
The checker on Saturday counted 80 boats and 5 fish. 4 of those fish were in one boat, he said. You decide. :shrug:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">hookem - sounds like a reel easy choice to me. You should go in that guys boat!
:grin: :dance: :bowdown: :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.