IFish.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wondering were I should chase sea runs this afternoon since I will be in the tillamook area. My mother in law wants to re learn to flyfish and my wife said go fish for a few hours so I am rearin to go! Any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey guys wondering were I should chase sea runs this afternoon since I will be in the tillamook area. My mother in law wants to re learn to flyfish and my wife said go fish for a few hours so I am rearin to go! Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Any of the coastal rivers are going to pay off. My suggestion would be to go on the wilson just above the guide shop. Some years fishing steelhead i will catch 4-5 sea-runs to every steelhead. Won't be fishing cutthroat this year because there is still quite a few steelhead in the river. Try to find shaded water or if possible fish the last hour of light in a tailout. Trask and Kilchis have fish as well so just give her a try. If you have a spinner pole a #1 blue fox always works great, never know, might hit a steely while your at it. Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts