IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this photo tonight at a brew pub where we went out for burgers and beer. Ancient, cool old sign. Where were we? Clue: Portland metro area

Brown Rectangle Handwriting Wood Font

Registered
Sounds like you mostly indulged in the beer and cant remember where you were 馃嵑---- just kidding of course.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you mostly indulged in the beer and cant remember where you were 馃嵑---- just kidding of course.
Actually, my wife was the designated driver on the way home. Kris Kringle seasonal ale and a pear sidecar went down very well!

Registered
You got it - McMenamins Edgefield Powerhouse to be specific.
Actually not a WAG. We've spent many days and nights there, among other Mc'Menamins hotels and pubs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it came from an old speakeasy and "working girls'' roadhouse in Otis Junction.
Actually not a WAG. We've spent many days and nights there, among other Mc'Menamins hotels and pubs.
We go to Edgefield often, but have not spent the night there. I appreciate the McMenamin brother's efforts to restore/repurpose cool, historic old buildings that would have probably been demolished if not for them. And they make good burgers and beer too!

Registered
We stayed at Edgefield and fortunately had a room right next to the stairway first floor landing. Short crawl from the basement; don't recall how many wine varieties came with the taster down there but more than the wife could handle and, of course, nothing allowed to go to waste.

Registered
We've stayed there a couple times over the years. Attended concerts there and booked a room for the night so we didn't have to worry about indulging throughout the concert and driving home. Both times were good experiences and would definitely do it again.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts