IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about all the spinner success...i'd like to try my hand at making spinners...Where?? FMS,Joe's,Online stores, Who has a great selection with good prices...And what brand of maker to bend that wire??
Any info from the "experts" and someone who is still learning would be greatly appreciated. :grin:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
B.C. Angling post.

MATD

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Locally, B.C. Angling usually has a great supply. They do get low on the popular blades towards the end of springer season.

A good pair of needle nose pliars works just fine.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
The best spinner maker out there is made locally. FMS carries them, but hopefully you can find it elsewhere for a better price. It's made by Rainbow Tackle Company, in Portland. It's called "TwisTech".

I tried the needle nose plier way and it drove me nuts. You can't make quick change clevises with needle nose either, so if you're interested in making those yourself as part of making spinners, I'd go with the TwisTech devise. It works awesome.

·
Premium Member
14,488 Posts
i get my components at FMS delta park. my super fancy wire bender is a pair of needle nosed pliers. i also do my own blade paint jobs ala spray can. the fish don't seem to mind so much.

[ 06-30-2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: ampersat ]

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you go with the twistech,Sportsman's sells it for $20.00 less than the other guy's,according to what I saw 2wks ago.B.C.for blades etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Spinner bodies, shafts,beads,hooks at
Fishermans Shack

Blades I buy those at Pen-Tac
there number is in the back of STS

Tubing
Mortac

[ 06-30-2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mortac has quality silver blades which reflect at least 20% more light than nickel/chrome blades. Ive been using their stuff for some time and the quality is always good.

Edit: Sorry, don't allow URLS or contact info.
Please do a search on the internet, if interested.
Jen

[ 07-01-2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mor-Tac for spoons, tape and tubing. Fisherman's Shack for blades and beads. Used to get just about everything from Pen-Tac before Jed Davis sold out. I've only bought the gold/silver spoon from them lately - very pricey - but man do they work.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the info people :smile: I ran to FMS right after work to get my "starter" spinner components...Uh...it's really easy to spend money on spinner making stuff :shocked: I went with 4 and 4.5 Colorado blades nickel and brass but could not find a Half&Half anywhere in there but on a pre-made spinner. I'm gonna focus on a lime green theme to start...Hopefully i'll graduate to the "GET BENT" :bowdown: stage of spinner making... Thanks again :wink:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The BC Angling post internet site does not work. Go to their store and they will give you a disc with which you can view all their blades and print an order form, you can mail them for custom orders. Approx 3-4 weeks for custom work. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
******, I found some of the Glow dip at FMS, next door to BC Angling. Not sure if it's the same stuff that Steve uses......Steve?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok...Used my new "round" pliers and a little patience, there was some foul language
once, And put together these :whazzup: Any comments??? Be Gentle..Spinner virgin :tongue:

MrDorkfish

Louis

1 - 20 of 43 Posts