IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to try out some TNT Egg cure. Where can you buy this, anyone know?

I've tried Salem GI Joes and Sportsman's Warehouse. Have you seen any at Fisherman's Marine in Oregon City or somewhere else?

Also, how well does this cure catch fish?

SKP

[ 10-21-2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: SKP ]

G

·
I found mine in the little store in Alsea. I bought the radiant orange steelhead cure and liked the results! Yes it catches fish.
Couldn't tell you much about the salmon cure though but Scott Haugen, the author of the "Egg Cure" book likes it.
Amermans salmon cure would be tough to beat though especially in tidewater.

[ 10-21-2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Stew ]

·
Registered
745 Posts
It was available at Midway Sports but now that they have closed I'm not sure where to find it. I could check the label on mine at home and see if there is a phone number on it from the guy that makes it. I'll do that and post tomorrow if there isn't another answer for you. While it has been good on the Santiam, I haven't had any luck with it on other rivers. I have the salmon cure.
Bill

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, any hens I catch now are for Santiam / Clackamas Springers, were TNT works supposedly, reading the egg cure book. I'd like to give it a shot. I've got plenty of Amerman's cured already for tidewater. Now, I need to start stocking up for springers.

SKP

[ 10-21-2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: SKP ]

·
Registered
333 Posts
I used it this last summer up here and after a small batch I sent it (the shaker of TNT) to a friend down in Salem. I was not all that impressed especially for the price.

I did a cure test against other commercial cures. The color was average and it did not milk out all that well when comparing to some other cures. I test this stuff in the kitchen and then head out the door.

I caught some kings on it, but I caught kings on all the rest.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I heard Midway Sports closed and relocated to Eugene. Any body else hear of this? I'd like to try it. Craig-The-Ripper and I were talking about this same stuff at lunch. Just another weapon in the arsnal. thanks MM

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
SKP,

I know the guy who was/(is??) the distributor for TNT. I will call him tonite and PM you after I talk to him.
Good cure, have only compared to Pro-Cure. Can't say it has out fished it, but is something different for the fish.

Kurt

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
SKP,

I know the guy who was/(is??) the distributor for TNT. I will call him tonite and PM you after I talk to him.
Good cure, have only compared to Pro-Cure. Can't say it has out fished it, but is something different for the fish.

Kurt

[ 10-22-2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To the top - still need to locate where to buy it.

Anyone else have any good or bad luck with this cure?

All opinions please. The cure book sure makes it sound good for the Santiams.

SKP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts