IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, this is my first post. I have been reading IFISH for awhile. Married with two kids. We all like to fish. Work as a Captain/Paramedic for Clackamas Fire for 13 years. It seems that Coon Island is pretty slow for shad. Can anybody guess when it will get better? I know OC is hot but I don't want to fight the crowds just yet.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Duckman, welcome to ifish.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Duckman,

Coon Island has been hot for shad. We were there last Saturday and caught 30+.

We were catching them on the small Dick Nite spoons. Color was red and white.

We had to move once. Watch who is catching them and then move next to them. It worked for us. Also, observe what the hot boat is using and how they are rigged up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
25 in the box for two fishers in a few hours of the outgoing tide today. Smallest chartruese (sp) tipped gold dick nite. Billy

·
Registered
641 Posts
We got 12 for in about an hour of fishing ust above coon island. used chartruse/copper dick nite with 18 inch dropper

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Got 30+ last eve in 2.5 hours fishing 2 rods... my kids and wife had a blast! No bites on my rod that I was running for salmon!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Come on duckman, where is the customary fish story. :shrug:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all thanks for the info, you Ifishers are a great bunch. Ok, here's a story. Last year my wife and kids(girl is 7 and boy is 5) go to to Faraday Lake. It's close to my house. Yes I live in Estacada,love living there, and I do have all my teeth. So, we go for a trout outing and my daughter casts her little pole she recieved free from the sportsmans show. Does a good job and I can see the power bait floating there off the bottom. Well Mr. Steelhead comes cruising along and inhales the bait. It is a nice one too, not the ones that are slowly falling apart. Line starts peeling off of her Zebco reel. Dad and Mom get excited and help her off of the Dam to the bank area. Now we have a situation - big fish, little pole, no net. So mom jumps in the water and tries to scoop the fish with her hands as I help my daughter with the fishing pole. Well Mr. Steelhead says enough and snaps the line. We are kind of dissapointed but all impressed with mom. There ya go --- a fishing story.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Great Story and Welcome to Ifish!!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hey Welcome! I am also a ff with Salem, nearing 19 yrs. I run a 23' Rogue Marine sled, black and white. Will be up there on Friday if you are around, say hi!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts