IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
What ****** said is it.

This years high slack tide bite is almost non existant. I've seen high slack occaisionally pump out fish, but not this year or last year, at least where I have been fishing.

SKP

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
****** is right on....... except.. once the tide starts coming in those fish are still in the creek, they have just moved. Try to find where they go, what rout they take, timing of their movement as to the tide strength and duration and then find a location where you can get on them where they will be in a biting posture. Some of my best days have been about a mile above some good holes about 2 hours after the incomming started. Remember these are moving fish so you have to change tacticts. Then afte the high, depending on where you are in the riveer system, these same fish will flush back down with the tide and you get another chance to wack on um. but they will be headed the opposite direction so conditions will have changed. Adjust accordingly.... It's not rockte science, but can get ttechnical at times. Keep a log and pay attention..... once you have them kinda figured out you will have places you can go and catch fish when everybody else is eating their lunch or leaving to go home. Good luck........... FB

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
What Fishbait said...

I'm just a rookie at this bobber stuff, but I have figured out two particular holes on the same tidewater section of a particular coastal river that are about a ways apart. One (lower down)is normally very good around the low tide, but sucks at the high tide. The other (a half mile or so upstream)is normally very good around the high tide, but the fish dont seem to be there on the low nearly as much.

UG

·
Registered
993 Posts
****** was not trying to be right he was just tell the preime time to catch fish after that go to the bay and pull spinners around because your just wasting your eggs looking for one fish to pass :grin:

3,877 Posts
Hmmm.

Interesting
... Hog Hunter needs to take some notes to put in his scrap book from this thread.

Fishbait & ****** ... You guys need to write a bobber basics book... Educated hillbilly here will volunteer to be editor & publisher :laugh:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I troll the Sisulaw and have found over the years low slack to be the best. Like was said before about a 2 hr window.

·
Registered
711 Posts
So when do folks think the best tide water fishing is? I've always heard around the high slack, but I caught nothing in the Yaquina last weekend on the high slack. However, the week before we killed them on the low slack (hooked 7 and landed 3). What else affects that fishing? This fishing just seems totally random to me and I wonder if I should try to "figure it out" or if I should continue to just go out and pray that I get a hit!!! I usually do a lot of praying:)
thanks,
steve

·
Registered
711 Posts
How deep do you set your bobbers? Does it depend on the hole? Same for all holes? Or do you keep changing until you get bit???

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Clarification here

Did not intend to belittle Nanooks response. He is a very good and very knolwedgeable bobber fisherman. In fact I would bet that 95% of the fish are caught exactly when he said in his post. My response was just to add to the response.

Faismstr: generally close tot he bottom on "resident "fish and shallower on active or moving fish. Over the years I have started to fish shallower 6-8 ft............

G

·
Fishbait. ****** don't care. :cool:

You could post "what is a hook" on here and get 75 different answers. :grin: :laugh:

Hope everyone catches fish. :smile:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Size 12 trout hook. They swallow it everytime.

SKP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts