IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone is fishing buoy 10, but when do you start fishing Tillamook for the big fall kings? I have always wanted to give it a try and looks like this will be the year to do so, any information will be apreciated. I would also be willing to provide an empty seat if someone would like to show me the area and techniques. I have a very nice and capable boat and all of the gear.

Thanks,
Fish Slapper

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Yesterday Bill caught a 38 pound chinook in the bay, by the jaws.

So, I'd say the season is off to an early start!

:smile:
Jen

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Jennie, that's an early start indeed!
I've seen them in tidewater (Trask) early as first week of Sept. but not usually. I've been hitting it the last few years the last week of Sept - first week of Oct. mainly from south jetty outside all the way to mid bay consistently. Better chance then for more favorable weather too than later. After that, go to tidewater and the river, depending on rain.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds like the action could start picking up out there. Get your bumpers on your boats and go for it. :shocked: :laugh:

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
I'm with skrimmy. Last week of Sept, and I'll be in tidewater a couple of weeks later, unless it's dry like last year. :depressed:
T-Bay all the way! :dance: I just hope I get some time off work.

·
Registered
17,013 Posts
The last few years, a few days on either side of September 25th has been a peak time for us. If you can get outside, it's great. Otherwise the bite in the Jaws is really hot some days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts