IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been fishing Wheeler lately? I know last year the grass was pretty bad. Might try making a trip next weekend.

Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'm guessin' it's a little early Finner. The effort has started at the jaws and I believe they are picking up a few fish. I'm not so sure they are moving in yet, but if someone knows differently please say so. Picked up some crab there last weekend, but tossed about 30% back that were soft.
:grin: RIPPLE :grin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I fished the Wheeler area on Wed. without any luck, but know of at least a couple of fish caught there recently. Yep, the grass/weed is really bad again this year. The best bet right now is probably near the jaws.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. I'm getting anxious to go hook some chinooks, and having a driftboat I have to choose my water carefully, and of course Wheeler is about as boater friendly as it gets. If I make it down there this year I'll report back.

·
Registered
688 Posts
fished it today and had no luck. Did not hear of a fish caught. The weeds are bad in places. It is a bit early yet but the fish should start showing up very soon. The weather got tough this afternoon so it cut the day short. I will be back in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Fished the jaws today with about 10 other boats. First off, didn't see a fish caught, or even hooked for that matter. Worse yet were the weeds. They were horrible. You couldn't troll for five minutes without having accumulated a huge mess. Bar was pretty rough all morning so nobody ventured too close to the end of the jetties. There were a few boats further up the bay as well, but didn't seem like they were doing anything either.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
We fished Wheeler on Sunday and the weeds were horrible!! The Tillamook whip couldn't even take care of them! We nailed this little guy half way through the incoming near the jaws dragging herring. He put up a crazy fight too. Still early but there are a couple fish around.

Ian Premo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts