IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any one knows how long it takes the fish from the Willamette Falls to get to Wheatland ferry, this banky would appreciate a heads up. I have some time in my not so busy, unemployed life right now and would hope to catch some fish there. People think I need a boat, but I think I could bank em there. I fish the east side, just down from the ferry. Any tips would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
KC

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't know how long it takes for fish to reach Wheatland but I would keep track of this site site starting in early May. Wish you a lot of luck. Last year the fish got lock-jaw when they went over the falls.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Your absolutey right that you don't need a boat down there. They swim right up the edges in 3-6' of water. I've heard that it takes anywhere from 4-7 days for the springers to get from the falls to Salem.

Try those pink dyed prawns that you can get at joes or sportmans. Use a pyrimid weight and rig your prawn on a prawn spinner or a spin and glow. I'd use a two foot dropper and 31/2 foot leader and fish in about 5-6 feet of water.

That should get you a steelhead or a springer.

If you have question about how to rig a prawn do a search on Uglygreens name and check out his rigging technique for a spin and glow and prawn.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Guys I know who fish that stretch from boats have told me if you use bait that the trash fish won't leave it alone. Do you know different?

CT

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
E-mail me

Jon :smile: :grin: :smile:

[ 04-17-2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: MasterCaster ]

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I guess I need to get some hooks, spin n glows and some prawns. Have eggs and was gonna try to bobber n egg it. I've heard they get "lock jaw" when they get in the rivers, but know some folks who do alright. Quite honestly I'd be more into catchin' the iron heads, but wont frown on a nook. :grin:
4-7 days, wow! I was thinking more of 6-9 days, but there really insnt any resistance in that water is there.

Thanks again.
KC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts