IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some eggs the other week and it was a pile of mush. What is your favorite store bought Roe? Also if I buy a large container, how is the best way to store it? Fridge, Freezer?

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Amermans eggs are my favorite store bought eggs...I still tweak them to how I like my eggs a little but are good eggs....And you want to freeze your eggs, if they stay in the fridge they will not last long

·
Registered
718 Posts
Could not of said it better myself Chrome Obsession!!! I will drink to that!! :cheers:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
If you have to leave your eggs in the fridge, add a little Sodium Nitrite. Salmon like it and it is a great mold inhibitor.

Most good cures will allow you to re-freeze a couple of times without turning the eggs to mush. Hotter cures perhaps one time re-freeze.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I purchased some eggs the other week and it was a pile of mush. What is your favorite store bought Roe? Also if I buy a large container, how is the best way to store it? Fridge, Freezer?
The one that is a fish's mouth! I like to vacuum pack any roe I'm not going to use right away and then freeze it. I've taken out vacuum packed roe that's been in my freezer a couple years and have caught fish with it.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Amerman's..... plus they'll ship 'em out quick for those of us in the boondocks...... :cheers:

·
Registered
51 Posts
i like the salted sleelhead roe it seems to work the best for me jut let it dry for a few houres and its ready to go

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have to leave your eggs in the fridge, add a little Sodium Nitrite. Salmon like it and it is a great mold inhibitor.
Good advice, where can I get some of this NaNO3
Is it a supermarket find, or can I pick some up at the local Fisherman's? And I havent forgot, RED SALT FOR YOU, its on my list.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Steelhead cured with Borax ... Thats it ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts