IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If money was no object, and you don't have to worry about all of the usual considerations, what would your dream boat be???

I think I would pick a nice 24-28' Boulton Pilothouse.

-Twin 4 strokes with 4 stroke kicker
-TR-1 autopilot
-Second helm in the cockpit
-Electric downriggers
-Fresh water rinse system
-Radar Arch with rocket launchers
-4kw RADAR with intergrated GPS
-Nice color FF
-Nice color GPS/Chartplotter
-400 Mhz ERIBP
-Life raft
-SOSupenders for all
-Back up hand helds for VHF and GPS

Oh and she would be moored in my private boat house at my casa in the San Juan Islands. The boat house also has a hydraulic lift to keep her out of the salt when not in use. :grin:

Joe

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
a 24FT. walk-around cuddy boston whaler, offshore bracket, twin 175 saltwaters, 15 hp 4 stroke honda kicker. something like that.
for fresh and smaller stuff.
Lund Barron magnum 21' fully loaded with all the goodies.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
OK,
My dream boat would be an 22' Willie Raptor that could morph into a 28' Walk around Grady White then to a 19' Ranger Bass boat then to a 17' Willie Driftboat.
This boat would be called simply "The Morph".

Oh, I forgot it would also need to morph into a 17' Whitewater cataraft

·
Registered
315 Posts
One that floats....

Love to have a 80" plus with unlimted funds to cruise the coastline from Alaska to Mexico. And a staff on call for all maintenance and supplies, that could land on my helio pad. A launch boom to set in my Alumaweld for fishing activities..

Oh...I could have fun with that....

Gee back to work NOW!!!!!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I spent the last ten years dreaming of my boat. I could have spent my whole retirement and there would still be someone with one bigger and better. So , my dream boat .
20 ft. Hewes sea runner . scotty eletrics (two) a 9.9 kicker (2strk) and a 150 optimax. The crew i like best is my 11 year old son and his best friend. Im a simple kind of guy.
But my dream boat does have hundreds of salmon around it at all times .. Dream on. id. painter

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Posted by Netone
Love to have a 80" plus with unlimted funds
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I'm thinking 30 or 40 feet. 80 inches seems a bit short for out on the big blue.........

·
Registered
558 Posts
Different boat for everyday of the week! Mostly a 16' sprint boat with a blown Hemi to run the local streams when the fish dont bite! How about a run from Clackamette up to McIver park in August! :shocked:

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
This one comes pretty close to your listed specs. No radar and a single 4-stroke (so far).

Here she is on initial launch in early August.

Note that the cabin is 8' long and the fishing area out back is 11'6". Makes for a pleasant day afloat.

When this picture was taken we had three adults, three kids and two 100+ pound labs aboard (and yes, she catches fish).

Dual helm stations, 105 gal fuel, hydraulic steering, scuppers (no bilge), GPS chart plotter, VHF radio, FF, 9.9 kicker with electric start/tilt steered from either helm.

With my 18' Alumaweld Sea Dory as back-up I think I have most situations covered.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I like my 22' Alumaweld V-Sled. Throw in a carbon copy of Crabbaits boat, and I'm set. By-the-way Steve, you didn't get all the drool off after ifishstock.... :grin:

·
Registered
844 Posts
This would be pretty close a Bentz
1994 Bentz Boat Jet Yacht & 1995 Ford Diesel

33 ft. long, 8 1/2 ft. beam
Twin 300 HP Cummins Turbo Diesel
Twin Hamilton 273 Jet Unit
Approx. 430 hrs total
Entec 4.2 KW Marine Diesel Generator
AC/DC Power, Stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, Water Heater, Shower
Trailer Included
Numerous Options
Cruise @ 36 mph, top speed 45 mph, 300 gallon fuel cell, range 400+ miles, ~1.6 gallons mpg
Dually, 5-Speed, Manual w/splitter, Exhaust Brakes, Canopy, Etc.

Now if only I could come up with the $175,000 for the package :grin:

MM

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Just like the one I gots ... (see the link below) ... only 10 feet longer and
about 3 feet wider with bigger engines!! :wink: :wink:

-assAssin-

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
See Avitar for answer! :grin:

Prrrr...Prrrr...Prrrr.... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pitch Pocket,

That is a sick boat. I had that as my screen saver at work a while back. His "dingys" are most people's dream boats. That's okay he is still a choker when it comes to the big tournaments. :wink:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts